Thank you for becoming a member of the [MDN eReading] club (website address: http://ereading.mdnkids.com, hereinafter referred to as “this website” or “this site.”) You are entitled to use the services provided within the website. This website is serviced by The Mandarin Daily News Foundation, (hereinafter referred to as “this foundation.”) Users of this website should understand the services provided, browsing rules, and membership guidelines prior to becoming a member. By completing the member registration process, the user has read, understood, and unconditionally agrees to adhere to these Terms stated in this agreement. If you disagree with any part of the terms, you may not access this website.
This website reserves the right, at our sole discretion, to modify or replace these Terms at any time, and these changes will be effective upon publication. Members should periodically check this website for any changes. By continuing to access or use our services, the user agrees to the revised terms.
Prior to becoming a member, for your own protection, please review and agree to adhere upon the terms below:
1. Users must register as themselves, and not the details of a third party. Upon registration, please enter the user’s full name, address, email address and other pertinent information. These personal details will need to be accurate and complete, and maintained accordingly by the user in order to receive the most up-to-date information from this foundation. If any of the information provided is false or outdated, this website reserves the right to terminate the user’s access and membership.
2. Users are to set a unique username and password to access this site. The username and password must be kept in a secure place by the user. The user will also be responsible for any actions performed on this website. Should there be any illicit actions performed on this website under the user’s registered username, the user shall be held accountable, including the possibility of criminal or civil litigation. The user shall also be held liable for any compensation. These activities include, but are not limited to, the following:
(1) Publishing or posting any form of libel, threats, vulgarities, hostile acts, or fraudulent behavior on this website.
(2) Infringing upon any of the following which pertain to this website: personality rights, proprietary knowledge, trademark rights, copyrights, patents, intellectual properties, and any other classified information.
(3) Accessing this website using a third-party’s access information or under a fabricated name.
(4) Upload, download, or distribution of malware; or hacking information from this website for personal gain.
(5) Engaging in phishing activities or posting illicit messages.
(6) Destroying or interrupting the data and services provided by this website; or intruding this website illegally with malevolent intent.
(7) Partaking in other inappropriate or illegal activity.
3. Once the member has completed the registration process and the account has been activated, it is the member’s responsibility to keep the username and password in a secure location. The user shall be held accountable for actions performed on this site, unless the act has proven to be a delinquency on this website or committed by a third party. You agree to adhere to the following terms:
(1) In the event the user’s account information has been compromised or if a breach in security has occurred, the user shall notify this website at the earliest possible time. If the user does not notify this website in a timely manner, this website will not assume responsibility for any losses incurred.
(2) The user shall sign out of the website after each use.
(3) The user shall not give or share their username, password, or any user privileges with other parties. Any privileges attached to this website shall terminate upon death of the user.
(4) This website shall not be held responsible for any major damages or liabilities not attributed to errors made by this website, but those caused by unauthorized use or misuses.
(5) This site reserves the right to terminate or remove the password, username, or access for website security reasons. This includes the lack of access by users, and this website will not bear any responsibility towards the user or any third party.
4. In accordance with the Personal Information Act, this website may collect membership information for the purposes of: marketing, customer management and services, internet shopping, and other web-related activities pertaining to survey dissemination and statistics analyses. These data points may be collected during the registration process or if the user engages in any shopping activities on this website. The information collected includes:
(1) Membership identification: includes member name, date of birth, gender, address, telephone number, and email address…etc.
(2) Financial identification: such as a member’s credit card or financial institution account information.
5. The period and method of which membership information will be collected, used, and retained are bound by the following:
(1) Time period: upon registration to the date the member requests a discontinuation of use or the cessation of this website.
(2) Method: The usage of membership data, by this site, shall be limited to membership management, customer service and identification, cash flow, and EDM…etc.
6. This website is committed to treating the privacy of each member with the utmost care and respect. Membership data shall be protected; and a member’s personal information, such as member name, address, email address…etc., shall not be sold, exchanged, or rented out to any outside organizations or individuals.
7. This website may engage in partnerships with third parties in order to hold events which provide our members with additional services, benefits, and rights. Upon rendering said services or collecting and sharing data with the aforementioned partner, details will be posted on this website as notification to members. Prior to presenting membership information, members may elect to participate in the event or decline to participate.
8. This website may provide hyperlinks to other sites. This foundation has not fully vetted the information contained within these sites, and shall not bear any responsibility for the information, products, or services obtained on such other sites. Services offered by third party sites shall not be interpreted as being affiliated with this foundation or website, and cannot be controlled or administered by this foundation or website. The third party’s web administrators shall be responsible for the content within their respective sites.
9. The main purpose of this site is to provide members a platform to read books online. Members shall not alter, edit, distribute, publicize, or transmit any portion of this website, and shall have to apply for and receive approval from this foundation prior to replicating any portion of this website.
10. This website reserves the right to put on hold, suspend, or deny partial or all services without prior notification under the following conditions. This website shall not bear any responsibility for any damages or obligations these disruptions may cause to the member:
(1) Maintenance or upgrades related to website hardware and software.
(3) Disruptions or stoppage related to natural disasters.
(4) Disruptions or stoppage not caused by this website.
(5) Unauthorized changes, misinformation, edits, deletions, or extracts to this site by external parties contributing to disruptions or stoppage.
(6) Other conditions where this website deems a temporary suspension of services is required.
11. Prior to any system maintenance, this website will post a notice prior to the event.
12. This website aims to give users well-timed services and functions and shall not bear responsibility or guarantees for damages incurred by the user. Any disputes, conflicts, or litigation shall be governed by the laws of the Republic of China and is under the jurisdiction of the Taipei District Court.